Saturday, November 6, 2010

movie wrap up part 2

This is a companion post to my previous attempt to close out on the movies I’ve watched but not blogged about.  I’ve been struggling with some of these so my goal is to be brief!

New Jack City (1991)

I watched this late at night on streaming Netflix.  I honestly don’t remember much and, thus, have no opinions. 

I Heart Huckabees (2004)

Fantastic cast: Dustin Huffman, Lily Tomlin, Jason Schwartzman, Mark Wahlberg, Naomi Watts, and Jude Law.  Plot wrapped in existentialism and nihilism with a background of corporate greed and environmental ravaging. This was my second viewing and I liked it a little less than the first time but I still quite enjoyed it.

i-heart-huckabees-1

Greenberg (2010)

I was a little disappointed with Noah Baumbach (director of The Squid and the Whale and co-writer of The Life Aquatic)on this one. The main character, while somewhat humorous with his intense social awkwardness, was just a monster to his “romantic love interest.”  I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t my cup of tea.

Greenberg-Movie-Review

A Town Called Panic (2009)

Netflix:

Tag along for the small-town adventures of plastic toys Cowboy, Indian and Horse when they buy 50 million bricks, setting into motion a crazy chain of events at their rambling rural home. Now trekking across distant lands, they end up in another world plunged under water.

Hilarious but bizarre! Only 74 minutes but worth it.

town-called-panic

Youth In Revolt (2009)

I have to admit that this was funnier than I thought it was going to be but the expectations were low.  I feel like I’ve seen Michael Cera just a bit too much.  The bad boy alter ego was a refreshing element though. Oh, the marijuana brownie/cookie scene was actually really funny. Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it…

Youth-in-Revolt

No comments:

Post a Comment