Thursday, November 4, 2010

blah/not-so-blah life

I have been struggling with posting because there isn’t much happening in the blah life*.  I mean there was that whole election deal but I’m not much of a political blogger.  Sure, I have opinions but they aren’t groundbreaking. 

Life has felt extra blah lately and I think it’s because the weeks previous to this one have been so not blah, if that makes sense.  October was a fabulous month of travel and taking in new things and meeting truly interesting people.  I went to NYC, San Antonio, and Portland, Oregon.  When I was in the office there were tight deadlines and fast-paced action.  Things in life felt…active, lively, engaging!  Here are some photos of me that express these feelings:

NYC 2010 S 018

NYC 2010 S 050

s iphone 5 

Since I’ve been back I’ve been itching to meet people and do things and get out!  Luckily for me, my girlfriends have been happy to help with this, but mostly I’ve been going to yoga, reading transit news, and spending endless hours on itunes and youtube in search of new music. 

The point is that I don’t have any interesting blog material. This is especially true because I’m going on a mental diet – I’m cutting out the cute stuff.   I mean I can’t even find the Icanhascheezburger app for my phone.  This cute stuff supplied some good material but some part of my brain was atrophying due to overexposure.

 

*I must admit that the blah life isn’t bad – I’m not in a refugee camp and my town isn’t about to be covered in lava or toxic material that broke loose from a detention pond.  I know I have it good, but everything is relative, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment