Friday, May 7, 2010

tantalizing turkey flavor

Our little feline, Yota, gets treats once a day in addition to her regular dry food pellets.  She doesn’t like wet cat food or really any human food so her options are dry cat food pellets or treats.  She doesn’t like the semi-soft cat treats but prefers the crunchy outside, soft inside of Whiskas ® Temptations ®. 

photo

I was absentmindedly giving her treats the other day when the back of the package caught my eye. I noticed that it said, “under 2 calories per treat.”  I know there are some fat housecats out there but advertising “under 2 calories per treat” – really?  For that to really mean anything I would need to know the average daily calorie intake of a cat of her length and weight. 

But, whatever. I then noticed the text on the back of the turkey flavored treat package:
Not to be savored but once a year, oh no! This girthy bird of paradise can be enjoyed each and every day.  I’ll wrap myself in his arms of sustenance and sink my teeth into those delectable drumsticks!  Gravy and stuffing, hah!  The only thing that’ll be stuffed is me, once I devour this phenomenal fowl…mmmm…I need my Temptations ® treaaa…zZzzZzzz…”

Is this supposed to get the pet’s person all excited to buy more of these treats knowing that the pet will be virtually sinking his/her teeth into “delectable drumsticks”??  It just made me chuckle…

No comments:

Post a Comment