Thursday, April 29, 2010

Event Anxiety Over

In my last post, I was preparing for a black tie event, the Downtown Denver Awards, which I was attending without Sandy. It happened last night and it went well! 

My final touch was to get my hair “done,” which means that I paid someone to give my an up-do.  My hair isn’t very long, so this up-do would have been a near impossibility for me and my “regular” hair is not exactly what I call polished.  I got it done at Star Salon here in Denver and they did an awesome job.  Winds were gusting up to 25 mph in Denver but my hair didn’t budge and looked fabulous. 

All of my separately purchased items (dress, shoes, wrap, necklace, etc.) came together nicely, if I do say so myself.  I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been so dressed up and hopefully I can get a lot of mileage out of these newly acquired items! So, if you see meet at a dressy event in the next few years, I’ll probably have on a similar outfit as the one below.

DD Awards 2 008

Here is a close up of my nose (I think it takes up 1/3 of the photo!).

DD awards 001

The event itself was less anxiety-filled than I imagined.  I saw both the current and past Colorado Governor as well as Denver’s Mayor (maybe the next Governor?).  I actually knew some people there and spoke with them and met some new people and managed to not spit too much while I spoke.  That’s that really. Success!

1 comment: