Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Peeptastic"

Denver's only major newspaper, the Denver Post, held its first annual "Peeps Diorama Contest."  I may be wrong here but I'm thinking it's possible they are getting money or some kind of incentive from the Peeps company.  That's not important.  What is important is that the Peeps contest had A LOT of entries.  What I went ahead and did for you was peruse all 180+ entries and pull out some representative samples.  Oh, let me tell you right now that I had no idea this contest was going on.  Otherwise I would have had a peep in the race, as it were.

"Cute" 
As you might imagine, there were many entries from the 11 and under crowd (likely with parental help). Two examples:



This one falls in the cute category but it's special because it's transit!


"Peepatar" - there were several of these but not as many as the "lonely peeps club band" themed.


Witty, eh?


Uncertain

Sure, I get it, they are Peep musicians but...?

Are they supposed to be in the nest and the 2-D mother Peep is drawn on the wall??

ADULT
These were very amusing to me.



Weird
Now there were some that I was surprised to find.  I'll let them speak for themselves. Brace yourselves - you may not want to look at some of these...

"Peepzilla" - notice the little corpses

It took me a second to figure out what was happening. The sun can be harsher to some more than others, and, in this case, I don't mean just red heads!

um.

"The Peeps are coming" and they are pissed apparently.

This one was untitled but we can go ahead and call it "Peep Chainsaw Massacre"


No comments:

Post a Comment