Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Phoenix - ugh!

Phoenix sucks. My apologies for the vulgarity of that statement but at this moment, there is no other way to put it. I will admit that I feel this way in large part due to the fact that I'm sick. Even though I had a temperature of 101.1 this morning, I got on the plane to Phoenix for a work training. In addition to the fever, I have a burning cough (which is thankfully infrequent), it feels like someone has a lighter to the back of my throat, and slight body aches. And guess what? In my first session this afternoon my nose started to run uncontrollably as if I were having an allergy attack. I mean the stuff was literally running out of my nose and I could barely get to it in time.

So, I've retreated to my hotel room to let my nose run in private and to lay down. I thought I'd watch some TV (a treat for me) but guess what? The batteries in the remote are dead and the on-tv controls don't change the channel. The front desk said he'd send his guy up about 20 minutes ago. I'm watching previews of "Marley and Me" and "Yesman" over and over - without sound (thankfully the volume control works on the tv).

I know these are yuppie problems. I mean I"m not being held captive by the FARC in Columbia or anything and the room service actually has some tasty items. I just have to wait until 5:00 pm.

Here is a view from my Phoenix hotel room - pret-ty posh! :|

1 comment:

  1. Are you feeling better? Maybe the dry weather will help dry out your nose? Hopefully the remote batteries were replaced quickly and you are still not being tortured by Luke Wilson... wait, is that the right brother?

    ReplyDelete