Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Needle felting

One night H and I went to the Fancy Tiger here in Denver. There was a woman there creating a cat head out of different colored wool tufts and a needle. This is the fiber art know as "needle felting." We were both pretty fascinated by this. I ended up purchasing a kit to make an owl and H bought a slew of wool tufts and two needles. This was in the beginning of December 2008. This weekend we finally made time to needle felt!

H made this really awesome giraffe! It's her first needle felted item and it looks great - something like Gary Larsen would have created. I had no idea what to make. So I decided to make an alien but it ended up looking like a demented grape. It also slightly resembles the Domo Kun. Anyway, it's clear I'm headed for greatness in the fiber arts...


Also, amazing things can be done with needle felting like a needle felted:


No comments:

Post a Comment