Monday, March 23, 2009

Exercise

Ok, so I've discovered some depression relievers: exercise, good beer, healthy food. I've just gotten some honest to goodness exercise for the first time in about 3 weeks and it has done wonders for my outlook. I followed it up with a quasi-healthy dinner of a salad, garlicky hummus and low fat wheat thins, and 10 oz of a tasty "rather serious English double ale" called Seriously Bad Elf. It was on sale at Marczyk's, you know post-holiday holiday beer sale.

In other news the weekend was long in a dreary sort of way. I did finally get the bathroom cleaned and the laundry done. I also saw a movie. Per the excellent advice of H, I saw a movie to sort of escape from the mental state I had at the time. We saw Duplicity. Definitely not a great movie but it was somewhat fun and served its purpose. Also, Clive Owen is always worth watching.

Before the movie there was a bit of advertising that appealed to me because of it's inclusion of hamsters. Now, before you watch it you have to understand that I'm not a car person but enjoyed the ad because of the hamsters. I had many hamster pets while growing up and loved them all dearly. Anyway, see below.

3 comments:

  1. I had hamsters named Roger and Wayne. They didn't drive a car, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great names for hamsters. I had several but the only memorable hamster was Charlie. He definitely drove the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No hamsters but a white fluffy kitty who was much nicer than the current kitty. Exercise does wonders for the attitude, and I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. We are sending thoughts and love to you. I will be waving to you as I pass through Denver airport on my way to Seattle for a meeting. I am there for about 20 minutes before catching the next leg. Next time, I promise, I will stay over. And we will watch S exercise as we drink. That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete