Tuesday, January 20, 2009

During the historic inauguration today...

I was standing in the break room (the kitchen) at work with about 25 others (where was everyone else?). We were all watching the only TV on the floor and I don't know where they dug it up. When I entered the kitchen there was a fuzzy cello player scrolling up the screen. The 21 inch TV had rabbit ears taped to the side with foil on the span. You may be wondering "why didn't she just watch it on the internets?!" Excellent question. Unfortunately the network was jammed up with so many other people doing that (that's where they all were!).

It was truly an amazing 20 minutes and we all soaked up the well thoughtout speech. But at the end we all just filed out of the break room. I think somewhere in my dramatic imagination I imagined hugs and tears and double high fives and so on. It was still pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I was there in spirit, hugs, tears and triple high fives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up homey? I see you got yourself a blogspot! Get some stuff up there.

    ReplyDelete