Tuesday, January 27, 2009

At large

I'm so relieved. I'm on the board of my Home Owners' Association (HOA) and I have been the President for about 3 years (maybe longer). We just held our annual meeting and it went very well. I managed to pass on the presidency to one of my fellow board members. It feels so nice to know that at future board meetings I won't have to facilitate the meeting (it's a hell of a job trying to keep home owners on an agenda) and have the homeowners look at me and expect an answer. It won't be absolutely critical that I attend now because I am an At Large Officer. I haven't missed a board meeting in five years.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to be a good board member but with light duty! Although, these next few years will probably be a bit easier to be an officer - almost everything that could have broken did break in the last three years (the building boiler, the elevator, the water pressure, the sprinkler system, etc.) and we just replaced everything (the carpet, the landscaping, the hallway light fixtures, etc.).



No comments:

Post a Comment