Wednesday, December 24, 2008

At the airport...again

Well, we're at Denver International Airport waiting for our flight to board of course. Sandy is entertaining himself with his new ipod nano, which is why me and my dinosaur ipod have commandeered the laptop!

I hate to admit it but blah life is back again. My work life has decreased in satisfaction and it's not just me. I've been receiving guests to my cube with some regularity that discuss their dissatisfactions. But I'm away from the office until next year, so I'm putting that behind me for now.

I've recently read Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior. I recommend it if you're the kind of person that wonders not only why some people make the decisions they do but also if you've wondered why in the heck you've made certain decisions that don't make sense in hindsight. I'm not going to outline the key points because the link pretty much takes care of that.

The reading of this book is part of larger effort to learn more about human behavior, behavior change, and motivation (and how to get some). I'm starting with a literature review of sorts to see what's out there on these topics. I'll keep you posted. So far I've learned that a positive attitude, particularly about oneself, can make a big difference...damn.

Anyway, be on the lookout for cheery posts like this over the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment