Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wedding #5

Yesterday, I attended my fifth wedding - the wedding of Scott and Kara. My first wedding was the renewal of my parents' vows at age 4. The others are (in order): my wedding to Sandy, Jen (my sister in law) and Jeff's wedding, and Dennis Lima's wedding (we were on the board of BikeDenver together for a while).

Yesterday we traveled to Mary's Lake Lodge in Estes Park and attended their wedding and reception. We had a pretty good time so you can imagine how horrible I've been feeling all day. The wedding began at 4:00 pm and when we arrived back in the room around 11:00pm we immediately ordered a pizza. Then the channel surfing began...

We tried to take some good pictures and got a few. These are the ones I've chosen to share:

There were these "poppers" or whatever that contained chocolate and paper crowns, Sandy and I had a good time wearing them:



This is the bride and groom cutting their cake. It was a small cake on a tower of cupcakes! Such good taste - the cupcakes were really, really tasty.




We met Eric and Trisha and were seated with them - this is the four of us at the end of the evening - not sure why I'm hunched over, perhaps I thought I needed to scrunch down to get in the picture (?!).

Sunday has been unremarkable for me. I noticed it was a beautiful day outside but I was sleeping for most of it. I have gotten through a good bit of On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan and am going to try to finish it now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment