Sunday, October 26, 2008

Business Travel

I'm at Denver International Airport (DIA) using their free "device charging station" and free wifi! I've check out my favorite new sites as well as all y'all's blogs! That's me, staying on top of the action. Thank heavens for our modern world, I'm able to charge my cell phone and dispatch useless crap into the "blogosphere" (I'm not really sure what I think of that word yet...).

Anyway, being that I work for a public agency, my work usually involves no travel outside of my commute to and from work (and some occasional trips to other agencies' or consultants' offices). So, this is something of a special occasion. I'm being flown (on United - bleh) to RailVolution in San Francisco! I'm such at TV-deprived dork that I'm especially looking forward to staying at the Hyatt Embarcadero - I never stay at nice hotels. We usually stay at hostels, which are nice but not nice (if you know what I mean). Another reason we avoid bona fide hotels is precisely because they have TVs (poor Sandy has a hell of a time tearing me away).

Well, more to come - I'll be connected!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be happy to know I'm 1/2 way through the Handmaid's Tale.

    I was very much engrossed in the novel today on the bus until an overwhelming wave of nausea forced me to dog ear a page, look up and concentrate on breathing. Folks on the wasp express don't appreciate vomit.

    ReplyDelete