Sunday, October 12, 2008

Domo Kun

A co-worker forwarded this to me about 4 years ago - just before the last election. I hung it in my office. This was the first time I saw the Domo Kun.

At least one of you out there has heard of this adorable brown guy - Domo Kun. It (I say "it" because there is clearly no gender associated with Domo Kun - but I've always had the feeling it was male...) is one of those things that I find myself liking although I'm not sure why. Kind of like the ugly dolls.

This short youtube selection provides a flavor of what I think is a Japanese tv show:



A friend of mine sent this next video to me sometime ago. It combines the Domo Kun with a song that is played at the end of the Donnie Darko movie (it's originally a Tears for Fears song I believe).

Domo Darko:





That's all for now, just wanted share. I just finished making some flourless peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and now I'm just putter around on the internet.

think of the kittens...

No comments:

Post a Comment