Sunday, July 11, 2010

Such a hard life…

In the past I may have mentioned how difficult my life is with, you know, living in Colorado and having great friends and all.  Well, this weekend is another woeful tale. Saturday we climbed Torrey’s Peak via the Kelso Ridge, which was both challenging and a lot of fun.

Today I had an utterly urban morning with Wendy W.  We took B-cycle bikes from 13th/Pearl in Capitol Hill to Rootdown in the Highlands for brunch.  This is my Hazel Dell mushroom omelet with Wendy in the background.  We reserved a table and had a great one right at the edge of the patio – not 100% in the sun but lots of light and a breeze from the outside.
wendy sunday 005Rootdown has a good atmosphere and wonderfully organic food offerings but they don’t offer non-fat milk, only whole and soy milk.  Is that some anti-processed food movement I haven’t heard of? 
Also, as I’ve mentioned in the past, I have allergies.  They have cloth napkins, which is great.  I use cloth napkins at home.  I usually carry a handkerchief but forgot one.  After I placed my order, I held up my cloth napkin, merely to identify it as cloth, and asked if I could get a paper napkin.  The server tried to take my napkin but then I clarified that I just had to blow my nose and didn’t want to replace my cloth napkin.  I guess I can kind of see the confusion.  See the kind of problems I have…

Next we walked to REI to get new sunglasses for Wendy.  We found new ones that look great!  Seriously.
We rented another B-cycle and made our way back to Capitol Hill.  Our route took us across the Millennium Bridge, which is great because it has a stair ramp for bikes.  This means you don’t have to use the elevator or carry your bike up the stairs.  You can get a short but awesome work out by pushing your bike up the stairs!  This is Wendy making it happen:
wendy sunday 006 
Someone affixed knitted flowers to the fence around the Denver Union Station construction site.  This is just one panel but there were many more.
wendy sunday 010
After dropping our B-cycle bikes at the kiosk, our last stop was WaxTrax:
wendy sunday 015 
It was fun way to spend a Sunday morning.  I recommend y’all get a friend on a B-cycle and get out to brunch soon!

1 comment: