Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flexibility

I am a yoga-doer but not the super spiritual kind. I am also not a yoga-as-strictly-workout person either.  I walk the line between the two.  I don’t want to chant om-shanti but I do want to be reminded to be in the now and breathe and focus on what I’m doing in yoga and not on what I did before arriving or what I need to do after. 

So, I am flexible.  I’m not amazingly flexible though.  I’m not double jointed and I can’t even do the splits but I hold my own in the flexibility category, physically that is.  Lately I’ve been thinking about how I can create mental flexibility.  This is a real challenge. 

According to the great and powerful Googles, mental flexibility involves “approaching situations that allows you to adapt your behavior so you can achieve the best outcomes. Increasing your mental flexibility allows you to become a better listener, a keener observer, a more skilled thinker and a more effective problem solver.”

I might have to put this in the life-long goal category…

Now I’d like to offset this serious post with something Sandy saw on a car the other day.  I liked it so much I asked the great and powerful Googles if there was an image and voila!

85106402OrxvXb_ph

1 comment: