Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quickie

Knitting hats is so satisfying. This is because, like coffee cup cozies, they knit up pretty quickly. I’ve made three hats in the last two weeks and am working on a fourth! Hats are perfect for when you have a small amount of yarn, say one or two balls of something that you bought because you loved it but weren’t sure what to do with it.

I will share these hats with you now.

Snappy Hat

As with just about everything in my life, I found this pattern online (see link above). It’s basically a cabled hat.

photo 3

I knit it using a blue color (#04) of Studio Tricot Cedrone yarn – 100% merino wool – so soft and chunky.

Head Cosy

You’ll notice that this one is similar in that it’s cabled also, however this was knit with a slightly different pattern (see link above).

IMAG0821

This one was knitted with Malabrigo Wool Clasica Naturals in color #705.

Both were knit on US 8 circular needles (16”).

This is the third hat:

IMAG0820

It turned out a little bit larger than I planned…so Dempsey is modeling. I used it as a nap hat yesterday, meaning it is so large it goes over my eyes and, thus, blocks the light. I’m washing it right now to see if it will felt up and shrink. If so, you can look forward to seeing it more clearly in a future post. That’s a reason to live…

No comments:

Post a Comment