Thursday, March 28, 2013

Golden hats

This may be the last of the hats. I haven’t started anything new so perhaps I’m getting control of the knitting addiction. More yarn did arrive in the mail last week, so…who knows.

Anyway, I want to share two hats I knitted using a yellow, gold-ish yarn: Berroco Lustra in #3163/Bergamot color.

First: The Marigold Slouch

My version doesn’t look exactly like the one in the pattern’s photos, but the photos below are pre-blocking:

photo 4

The back is pretty interesting looking:

photo 3

The second knit with this same yarn is a Heart Vines Beret. You can kind of see how the cables form hearts in the photo below. I knit this using US 8 and US 9 circular (16”) needles as well as US 8 dpns. CO 80 st.

photo 5

I’m not sure what the heck I’m going to do with all these hats, but they sure are fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment