Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fat and Connections

I just ate a little chunk of bacon fat. Despite my fat-conscious nature, I’m greatly enjoying the Tuscan white bean soup that I made on Sunday (I’d include the link but it’s from Cooks Illustrated, which is stingy with its recipes).  It involved both chicken broth *and* two slices of bacon. It’s just a little greasy…but delicious and satisfying.

photo

Now to report on the antithesis of delicious and satisfying: I went back to online dating for a few weeks.  It’s ending as quickly as it began.  I had something like eight dates in two weeks and I’m exhausted.  That’s a lot of getting-to-know-you conversations! Most involved me listening to the date going on about his life and showing faint interest in mine – that’s a sure sign of compassion…Another wanted to play trivia competitively when I didn’t and another tried hard to get me drunk and go dancing and two looked almost nothing like their photos.

Then there are the emails. I got one from user name “Ticklefun” that said, “Random question…are you ticklish?” I did not respond.  There are really creative emails like the one I got last week that said simply “Hi  :-)” That gives me so much to respond to. There are the emails from guys who are in from out of town “just looking to hang out” for a night.  We can all read between the lines on that one.

funny_pictures_cat_has_doubts_about_online_dating

Mostly dating is a lot of no-connection. You know immediately when there is something there and, similarly, you know immediately when there’s nothing there. Happily, during my dating hiatus I am looking into something.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete