Monday, April 30, 2012

Eating Baby Animals

There was a time when I wouldn't eat baby animals but it seems that time is fading into the distance. Last night I ate Greek-style lamb sliders with yogurt-cucumber sauce. These were made on the grill, with fresh-from-the-garden mint, and with feta cheese added to the lamb concoction. They were AMAZING. Here is the before shot:


This is the final product paired with fresh-off-the-cob corn sauteed with butter:

You may be noticing the sauce and thinking, "wait a minute, she doesn't eat sauce on things." You'd be right, generally.  I gave the yogurt-cucumber sauce (which included garlic!) a day in court and, to my surprise, really enjoyed it. It added a creamy, tangy element without stealing the show. The downside is that it made the little slider a bit gooey and hard to hold but it was worth it. 

As a side note the prep was accompanied by New Belgium's Cocao Mole Ale, which I tried fresh off the tap for the first time at the New Belgium brewery on a tour on Friday. I recommend it - spicy, fresh flavor but not overpowering. The meal was paired with New Belgium's Shift pale lager. I think it was too light to stand up to the oniony, minty, garlicky goodness that was dinner.  I'll need to try it again on its own to really be fair and review it. 

So, in the end I went out on a limb and tried things I hadn't tried before and had an amazing meal. There must be some kind of positive influence at work here...

No comments:

Post a Comment