Friday, January 27, 2012

red wine and chocolate cake

I have cycles of will power. This week has been a down cycle. The last three days have been drenched in chocolate. Chocolate cake for dessert Wednesday, thin mint girl scout cookies yesterday and today, and left over cake just now.  I’m squinting through the sugary cake buzz to write this.  The red wine helps.

In addition to these cookies and cakes, the candy dishes around the office are killing me. One woman has a four inch thick dish full of peanut butter M&Ms. She refills it to the brim every few days. My travel patterns through the office have been adjusted to swing by that dish several times a day. I have to go farther than I would normally walk to get to and from my desk and I justify the candy intake telling myself that I’m burning more calories.

The interwebs tells me that “will power” is both self discipline and an Australian racecar driver. The former is “the ability to overcome laziness and procrastination.” If I don’t develop this ability soon I’m going to look like this:

URmZR

No comments:

Post a Comment