Friday, December 2, 2011

Waiting room magazine

I think I’ve mentioned that I get allergy shots pretty regularly. If you recall, I have to sit in the allergist’s waiting room for 30 minutes after each shot – to make sure I don’t have a reaction.  I usually peruse email or the interwebs via my phone but sometimes I’ll look at the magazines.  The magazine selection is scant.
I want to share with you some of the disturbing ads I found.
Ad #1: Sally Hansen Airbrush legs ®
This stuff is available over the counter!? there are women who use this product regularly? This just seems like a product that exists to waste resources.  I guess I just don’t get the point…I mean it tells me that “Silky smooth, gorgeous legs are just a spray away!” but I have a hard time believing that this product wouldn’t look fake.
photo 2
Ad #2: DiGiorno Pizza & Cookies
You know how much fat and calories are in a DiGiorno pizza?? Pairing it with buttery chocolate chip cookies is like inviting Americans to have a heart attack.
photo 3
Ad #3: A Pill for Cellulite
Ironically, shortly after the DiGiorno pizza & cookies ad was an ad for a pill that would help relieve cellulite! How about no DiGiorno pizza & cookies?  Advertising is evil.
photo
This all makes me long to read an Adbusters magazine.  They shine a strong light on our consumer culture:
adbusters_occupyxmas-everything-is-fine_s
Not that I don’t consume…

No comments:

Post a Comment