Friday, December 23, 2011

A pig in a santa hat

I’ve noticed it’s December 23rd and thought I might do a holiday blog post.  Luckily I’ve been taking holiday-oriented photos throughout the month!

While in Walgreens earlier in December I noticed their aisles of holiday stuff and the pig in the santa hat caught my eye:

dec 2011 002

Of course I promptly bought them for a friend and shipped them off.

Just outside of walgreens (or maybe a block up) I was offered the opportunity to purchase a wee reindeer made of little stumps. I didn’t.

dec 2011 more 003

Speaking of reindeer, the building I work in downtown had a “tenant holiday party” this year.  Tables of cupcakes and a live a cappella group belting out seasonal songs filled the lobby.  The tables were decorated with something everyone needs – gold glittering reindeer:

dec 2011 misc 026

Holiday decorations are everywhere – even between the pure sugar and sweet and low packets at Einstein bagels, which is where I picked up this guy:

dec 2011 4 016

There was also the annual holiday potluck at work.  Being a particular kind of eater, I refrained from taking part as I usually don’t like much of the fare.  However, I did get some leftover cookies.  These are the worst kind of cookies.  King Sooper-made, whiter-than-white dough with bright green frosting and toxic sprinkles.  I ate something like three or four cookies…

dec 2011 more 004

The work potluck did have a theme! Tacky.  Seriously.  Even coming in late I did get to have my picture taken with a cardboard cut out of a couple wearing silly holiday sweaters and loving their pet.  Thankfully my friend Pat helped me out:

dec 2011 more 005

It wouldn’t be the holidays without ridiculous holiday cards, right?  I wished my family and friends a “meowy” holiday with this festive snowball of a cat:

dec 2011 more 002

 

Meowy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment