Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bento

I got my bento box in the mail today! According to the interwebs a bento box is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. I can buy that (literally) but it also happens to be a cool snack container for American goods. As some of you probably realize, a bento box owned by me will not be used to carry Japanese food.

But anyway, my bento box is decorated with birds and leafy twigs but it is also two tiered. Yes folks that is two containers stacked and clipped together. Check it out:



For all of you who can't wait to get one of your own you can go to Iloveobento.com. Other than Japanese food, I am open to food suggestions to carry in my bento box.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that such a cute little box will hold the quantities of food I tend to consume in a sitting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with fixed gal. Do they come in larger sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was somewhat surprised at the size of the thing. I have done subsequent searches for other bento boxes and bigger ones exist but they aren't as cute :(

    ReplyDelete