Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar who?

Even though we do have a television we do not have "cable" and we aren't interested in it (there are enough time sucks in my life). However, there is one night of the year that I must watch the TV - Oscar night! As has been tradition for five (?) years, our friends Lisa and Tony had us over to watch the thing.

My three comments on the winners:
  • I am not surprised Slumdog Millionaire won best picture - it was a well done film. I would have liked to have seen some other movies get some awards in the other categories though...
  • I am very glad that Sean Penn won for Milk (I really liked that movie and Mr. Penn was outstanding). However, a small part of me was holding out hope for Richard Jenkins to win - The Visitor was one of my favorite movies of 2008.
  • Robert Downey jr should have won best supporting actor. I'm not afraid to say it.
Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised by Hugh Jackman's hosting - wasn't sure what to expect from that. I guess I haven't payed attention to his singing and dancing career but he's quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment