Monday, September 1, 2008

blah life

This is where my blah life becomes apparent. I'm sitting around waiting for my fellow HOA board members to come by and sign some papers. This exciting event is occurring after working seven hours on Labor Day. I mean, it's Labor Day right? why not work...

Now I'm listening to old episodes of This American Life and alternately typing this and looking at websites. Oh! news, I did see a movie this weekend, the new Woody Allen movie, Vicky Christina Barcelona. One NPR movie reviewer said something like this, "For those of you wondering if Woody Allen is back - he's not. It's not great for a Woody Allen movie but it's pretty good as a movie." Let me tell you, Manhattan, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Annie Hall are a few of my favorite movies but Vicky Christina Barcelona is quite good. It has wit and good conversation and ruminations on love and relationships. Most movies don't really spend dialogue having frank conversation about love in a down to earth way. What I mean by that is that love dialogue is usually cheesy and goes nowhere. This movie confronts people with what their choices result in. I don't know, I don't want to give too much away. I'm sure you're all going to run out and see it...afterward I described it this way, "that movie was the perfect antidote to summer movies."

Looking back on the last bit of writing there I realize that most men reading this would be absolutely turned away by the "great conversation" movie. It's all coming together now. The movie theater slowly filled with folks in their late 50s and up. And then there was us. We're so hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment