Saturday, January 5, 2013

Knitting Winter–Part 1

I am addicted to knitting!! I can’t stop doing it or looking up patterns or posting patterns to Pinterest. Of course, I’m not doing anything serious – like a sweater or socks or mittens. I’m making scarves and leg warmers because I enjoy the patterns. In fact, I’m somewhat hooked on cables. 

So here is an example of a scarf I just finished – it’s a braided cabled.

jan 2013 011

jan 2013 014

It is a dense, substantial scarf. Probably would have been looser if I had used bigger needles. Here are the specs:

Finished piece is 4 inches wide and 55.5 inches long.

Materials: Lamb’s Pride Bulky yarn – Grassy Knoll and US 10.5 needles

C6F = sl 3 st onto cn, hold to front, k3, k3 from cn

C6B = sl 3 st onto cn, hold to back, k3, k3 from cn

Cast On 24 stitches

R1: (RS) Knit

R2: (WS) Purl

R3: C6F four times

R4: Purl

R5: Knit

R6: Purl

R7: K3, C6B three times, K3

R8: Purl

R9: Knit

R10: Purl

Repeat rows 3-10 until scarf has reached desired length

No comments:

Post a Comment