Monday, February 20, 2012

A Single Red Chair

It’s been just over a year since I found this red chair.  It was under my table as I dined with Lisa at the now gone Pasquini’s uptown on valentine’s day 2011.  The red chair seemed so significant that night. It’s red and libidinous, it’s ordinary, it’s miniature, it’s alone and was orphaned under the table.  It’s something of a symbol of my independence I suppose – especially given the timing of finding it.

photo

A year later I still have the chair and I am still in the same apartment and still at the same job and still have the same 18 year old cat.  Seemingly very little has changed but really everything has changed.  Some for the better, some for the worse. I’d like to say that in the past year I have figured out what I want in life and who I am and where I’m going but that’s just not the case. Do we ever really know these things though?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete