Monday, October 24, 2011

whiskey and smoked gouda

I relaxed with some of both last night. 

Yesterday morning I ran the farthest I’ve ever run in my life – 10 kilometers (6.21 miles)! I ran The Stride 10k (benefit for Littleton public schools) with Lisa and she was an amazing running partner.  We ran the entire length and didn’t stop.  Now, I know to some this is no big deal but I typically run only about 3 miles at a time and have been doing that for 10 years off and on.  Also, I only ran about 5 times in the past month.  So I had serious doubts about my ability to run the full 10k without stopping. 

But we did it! I’m so proud of us – here we are just after completing the run:

oct 2011 more 035

There were some hills on the damned thing too.  See the profile below.  Sure there’s some vertical exaggeration but still! I had no idea Littleton had so much elevation gain and loss…I know it’s no trail run.

image

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the 10k, which is farther than I've ever run as well. That means you ran right past our house. Stella and I did the 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Stella ran a 5k? that's fantastic - good work to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're awesome. Just sayin'.

    I really appreciate you did that with me. And, I really appreciate that you provided enough competition to keep me running the whole way. What I don't appreciate, however, is that you beat me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this Lisa? I looked up the times - they were the exact same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But your rank is higher than mine!

    ReplyDelete