Monday, July 11, 2011

Outside

More skies…but these are not from Denver! All photos were taken with the iPhone by the way.

These first couple of photos are from Boulder a few weeks ago.  A storm moved across the County but never touched me.  I did get the fruit of it though:

misc july2011 025 2

A faint rainbow:

misc july2011 029 2

One of the good things about Boulder is that there are trails literally within walking distance of an excellent restaurant on the Pearl Street Mall.  Here’s a shot from one of those trails:

misc july2011 035 2

I also got outside with my friend Lisa recently.  We went to the Mt. Evans Wilderness area and hiked the Hells Hole Trail, which, interestingly, doesn’t take you to Hells Hole…It did take us to a small lake above (or at) tree line.  The Mt. Evans Wilderness was beautiful – lush green and with a good amount of wildflowers. Here are some photos from the excursion:

misc july2011 047 2

Here’s Lisa trying to get a close up of some of the wildflowers:

misc july2011 050 2

misc july2011 053 2

misc july2011 065 2

misc july2011 056

Once again, I feel lucky to live in Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning,I am definitely jealous! Looks beautiful compared to England...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just a case of "the grass is always greener..." :)

    ReplyDelete