Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sign spotting

Whereas in previous posts I was referring to sign spotting in the sense of keeping open to signs in a philosophical sense, this post is more about watching for signs in a literal sense.  I post most of these on Facebook, but here are some of the signs that I’ve captured in the past few months. 

My friend (and Archer-daddy), Josh, very appropriately commented that Darth Vader was finally killed by the gate in the sign below:

giphone march62011 014

This one just made me chuckle. 

more may 2011 020

Snapped this little puppy (below) at National Airport in DC – snow globes are a serious threat to national safety:

g iphone 10112010 097

This one was posted on the fence outside my condo building, and not by the HOA:

g iphone 10112010 047

This one was supplied by Altan and tipped me off to an actual website that collects signs of all kinds – Sign Spotting!

june2011 005

The Sign Spotting site devotes itself to displaying signage of a humorous nature.  Here are some examples from the site:

weight loss fail

image

image

If you love ridiculous signs the way I do, check out Sign Spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment