Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine’s Day

It’s February 14th, the sun is shining, I’m walking through my neighborhood wearing sandals, and the temperature is 67.  Sounds beautiful right?  Well, not really. 

In reality, I’m stressfully darting around Capitol Hill from apartment viewing to apartment viewing trying to find a reasonably priced rental abode that isn’t gross.  In an annoying twist of fate, it turns out that the rental market is totally saturated.  Mortgage interest rates are up, there’s no extra tax credit for home buying this year, and there are very few places available for rent. 

The apartment hunt was a diversion, a task I could embrace and throw myself into - even though it was depressing to look for apartments for just you on Valentine’s day.  My spouse and I had recently decided to stop cohabitating.  There was a considerable amount of anguish hitting me repeatedly, but when you have to focus on closet space and pet rents – one’s mind is distracted from that. Temporarily.

One week later...I probably shouldn’t be putting this out there but I can’t find an image that appropriately sums up my situation today.  Back to work.  Moving forward clumsily.

photo

No comments:

Post a Comment