Thursday, December 2, 2010

Temporary

“It usually just pops right off,” is what the dental assistant said to me yesterday.  I was in to dentist office to get a crown put on, which usually means you don’t need to get the numbing injection.  Typically they pull off the temporary crown and put on the new/permanent crown.  Not yesterday. It couldn’t be that easy.

For those of you who don’t have crowns yet, you get a temporary because the impression they take of your tooth has to be sent off (somewhere) to be created out of a more permanent material (there are several options and, honestly, I don’t know what mine is made of). In the interim you get a temporary tooth that is put on with a very light adhesive – usually.

Guess what? The dental assistant who put on my temporary crown 2.5 weeks ago put it on with permanent cement.  That meant that the temporary had to be drilled off.  This, of course, meant I had to get the numbing injection!!  Now, you may recall from a previous post that I am a very fearful dentist patient.  The dentist even remarked that, of all her patients, it’s uncanny that this happened to me…Oh the irony.

speaking of irony:

ironic_sign_by_izatrini_com

No comments:

Post a Comment