Monday, February 22, 2010

Book recommendations

I was getting so good about keeping up with my blog and then I just got busy.  Anyway, I'll try to get back with it.

A few months ago I emailed some folks on facebook and asked them for their two favorite books.  Out of 14 people, half responded - not too bad, a 50% response rate!  All of the responses were from women which is not surprising since I only emailed one man. Here is the final list:
  • Hit by a Farm by Catherine Friend
  • The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
  • The Eight by Katherine Neville
  • The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis
  • Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos
  • Leadville: The Struggle to Revive an American Town by Gillian Klucas
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  • The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • The house at sugar beach by Helene Cooper
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment