Sunday, November 29, 2009

Three Movie Weekend

Hi Folks, G here, reporting live from 306. This holiday weekend we went out to three movies. This is abnormal.

Wednesday, November 25:

1. Fantastic Mr. Fox: The latest Wes Anderson film, his first animated film and his first main stream (non-indie) release. I give it 4 stars. Aside from the horrible previews for bland kid movies, I enjoyed it, but then, I haven't seen a Wes Anderson movie I didn't like. Wes Anderson's attention to detail is something I appreciate. The movie is based on the Roald Dahl story of the same title. I'll let the preview speak for itself.




2. (same night - we got two free passes after the theater had a few blunders during the Fantastic Mr. Fox) 2012: By any standards this is not a "good" movie but it is worth seeing in the theater. There are so many ridiculous things in this movie that I found myself chuckling at the parts I don't think I was supposed to be chuckling at. Three stars and, though ridiculous, a fun movie.





Sunday, November 29:

3. The Road: I read the Cormac McCarthy book (by the same name) about a year or so ago and could not put it down - the fastest I've ever read a book. I have to admit part of the haste was the fear - it is a frightening film. The movie does right by the book mostly and I give it 4 1/2 stars.





Other than movies we ate and ran a bit and walked here and there and read books and listened to music as well as podcasts. A very mellow and fantastic Thanksgiving weekend.

I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment