Monday, July 20, 2009

Happiness

That's right! I'm back with another blog post in less than a week! I may have had a bit too much caffeine today but it may also be that my ears didn't hurt or itch and my head didn't feel like it was going to explode today. I do have this weird rash on my feet though...

Anyway, there's something I've been meaning to ask you: are you happy? if so, how do you know?

When I do a google image search for "happy" I get a lot of happy birthday or happy new year, this makes me think humans are only truly happy on holidays or special occasions. For the record there were a good number of photos of naked or scantily clad women also. I did find this tidbit though:


When I google image "happiness" it's just random stuff but dominated by happy face pictures and children smiling with sun on their faces. This piece of art, entitled "My happiness is riding on your misery" did come up:

I was dismayed there weren't more kittens or puppy pictures in the happy/happiness search. I guess google's idea of happy may be different than mine.

There are other happiness phenomena out there at the moment. For example there is the Happiness Project, which people like myself (who need happiness tips from time to time) do peruse. Though, truth be told, I didn't buy the "how to be happier in four easy lessons bit," which I liken to ads that claim you can lose 20 pounds in a month by exercising only 10 minutes per day.

Oh, there is also an extremely disturbing movie entitled "Happiness" by director Todd Solondz. Not really sure I would recommend it to anyone but I have seen it.

That's the end of my thought trail for this topic for now. Remember "happinesss is a choice and suffering is optional" and "choose to have a great day...because you deserve nothing less!" [note: I would never say either of these thing and I lifted them from the San Diego Happiness Club teaser - the club is now closed - and thought it would round out the post nicely.]

1 comment: