Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why snackrifice?

As winter peters out here in Denver and spits some final snow-drizzle on us, I am becoming conscious of my need to stop the winter snacking. Of course, while I put this post together I'm cutting slices of raw garlic, wrapping them in pieces of deli sliced Swiss cheese and tossing in a fat free wheat thin.

I noticed the website on the box and had to check it out. On this website they try to appeal to what they assume is the average consumer's financially strapped situation. Why snackrifice? they ask, a Nabisco product and a Kraft product combo creates a cheap snack! Of course, especially since Kraft owns Nabisco - genius.

Speaking of financial - I am eager for other news commentary. The AIG, stimulus, financial meltdown, that 5% of experts say we're starting to come out of, is causing media fatigue or whatever they call it when people like me can't listen to it anymore. I mean as ridiculous as the coverage of Michelle Obama's arms was, it was a welcome reprieve.

Sorry, got to go, my cheese is on the verge of sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment