Monday, April 20, 2009

Teddy bear hamsters

The other day Sandy was browsing the online animals at the local animal shelter and saw something new to him - a teddy bear hamster!

These are really Syrian hamsters - who knew they had hamsters in Syria? Anyway, I had a teddy bear hamster between the ages of 4 and 6. I know they are rodents but I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

You can tell that the blah life persists since I'm blogging about hamsters.

While searching for an adequate picture I found all kinds of other hamster-related stuff. For example, the hamster-powered night light (with custom low-RPM alternator). If I'd had one of these as a kid all that hamster wheel noise would have been for something useful and not just annoying.

I also found a darkly funny blog post about a deceased hamster entitled "R.I.P." It is complete with an obituary and a shot of his final resting place. Here's an excerpt from the obituary of Freddy Hamster Lewis, "Hamster spent his days sleeping, pooping, chewing, and grooming himself. One of his favorite hobby's was running and throwing his poop."

Anyway there's a lot of good information out there about hamsters if you're in the market. With the economy down like it is, I bet you could get a couple for a good price...

1 comment: