Monday, February 4, 2013

Neck warmer in one day

I spent the Super Bowl knitting, of course. At a the home of friends I tried to watch the game for a while but the knitting just called to me and I couldn’t resist. It led to accomplishment! I finished the neck warmer below, which was fantastic because I started it in the morning.

photo 1

I used a pattern for a “light and lacy cowl” and the piece is supposed to be knit with a mohair-silk blend of yarn that is very delicate. Instead I had some Mano del Uruguay sitting around and decided to use it.

photo 2

The cowl or neck warmer is really just a short, wide tube, which is easy and fast to knit. Here is what it looks like on:

photo 4

Materials: Circular needles size US 8 (24”) and Manos del Uruguay Maxima (color M2152 – reddish color) and Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica (color 75 – brown color)

Pattern

S1P = slip 1 purlwise

CO 100 stitches

R1: Knit

R2: K1, *YO, S1P, K2, PSSO* repeat from * to end (note pass slipped stitch over both knit stitches)

Knit one more row

bind off very loosely

weave in ends

No comments:

Post a Comment