Wednesday, August 1, 2012

wha haaapened?

Where the hell did July go? I was at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival one day, then I was scribbling 7-31-12 on my work notepad the next. And jesus a lot has happened this month.

Like I said, I was at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival the weekend after July 4th (which fell on a Wednesday!). This year didn’t yield as many interests as the festival last year did but it was still a worthwhile engagement. In fact, I saw plenty of things I liked but the artists are getting a bit bristly about having their art photographed. One stall actually had a little sign that called out iPhone users specifically, of course I took a photo of it…

misc july 146

The week after Independence Day was the Outward Bound week, which I already covered.

After Outward Bound, I came back, enjoyed some wine and cheese, then started moving to Platt Park the very next day. What can I say about the move…I actually enjoy the opportunity to go through my stuff, pare down and reorganize. Otherwise, I lived in Capitol Hill happily for the past 13 years and do miss it. I had a 15 minute walk to work and could get some Pablo’s coffee at City o’ City on the way. I was a mere 3 blocks from the Whole Foods and 1.5 blocks from the Argonaut. What more could a girl ask for?

Well, a girl could ask for an amazing man as it turns out. Makes the whole thing worth it. And Platt Park is actually a pretty cute neighborhood. So what it’s south of I-25? I like the bus and it’s a nice distance to ride the bike too. I can dig it.

What else happened in July besides Outward Bound and moving, you ask? Besides the July 4th cook out and hiking Fancy Pass again, I visited the Botanic Gardens, attended a Denver New Rail~Volutionaries happy hour, got allergy shots, connected with a friend I made at the Portland Rail~Volution conference in 2010, enjoyed several brunches, sat through a Mixed Taste or two, had dinner and drinks with Lisa, reconnected with the Ladies of Tykusaurus, hit the annual Pink Party, attended a WTS Colorado reception, and got my toenails done for the first time in 18 months.

August isn’t promising to give me much quiet time but I’m ok with that. I’m trying to enjoy the good moments. This is one of those.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment